Latest Petroleum News
[06.14.2010] British Gas Spins Bit in Offshore Tunisia Development. In late May 2010,?British Gas Tunisia Limited (BG) was testing Hasdrubal A4ST3 in its?Hasdrubal field, offshore Pelagian Basin.
[02.08.2010] Apex plans wells in Sfax Offshore Permit. Atlas Petroleum Exploration Worldwide Ltd (APEX) plans to appraise the Jawhara structure in the Sfax Offshore exploration permit, offshore Pelagian Basin
[11.11.2009] Petrofac Resources International Ltd (Petrofac) is planning to tie a pre-drilled third well (Chergui-3) into the Chergui field central production facility in Kerkennah Island in 2010.
[08.20.2008] Apex Strikes Oil Offshore Tunisia. Atlas Petroleum Exploration Worldwide Ltd. (Apex) reached a total depth of 7,231 feet (2,204 m) with the Ras El Besh 3 (REB3) well on the Sfax Offshore Permit in Tunisia.
Petrofac ties one on
November 11, 2009
Petrofac Resources International Ltd (Petrofac) is planning to tie a pre-drilled third well (Chergui-3) into the Chergui field central production facility in Kerkennah Island in 2010. In July 2009, the company completed workover and testing of the Chergui-3 well to add new perforations and determine the well deliverability. There are currently two producing wells, Chergui 5 and Chergui 1A. In September 2009, the field produced an average of 450bc/d and 30 MMcfg/d. The plant capacity has been upgraded to 30 MMcfg/d from a nominal capacity of 20 MMcfg/d following commissioning of a refrigeration unit and debottlenecking of the plant.
Petrofac started commercial gas and condensate production from the Chergui Field on 8 August 2008. The total cost of the development is approximately USD100 million including the Chergui field central production facility in Kerkennah Island. The treated gas is transported through a 57km 8" pipeline to the 24" STEG's pipeline in Ain Turkia, north of Sfax. Condensate is trucked to a pipeline facility at Sidi El Itayem field just west of Sfax. The condensate is then transported via the pipeline to La Skhirra where it is sold into the international market.
Production plateau rates of 20 MMscf/d are expected for at least four years. According to Petrofac, future potential gas development opportunities may extend the production plateau and the ultimate life of the field. The gas production is sold to STEG under the existing gas pricing formula.
The 70 Bcf Chergui gas field was discovered by Amoco in the early 1990's in the then Sud Kerkennah block. On 9 November 2006, Petrofac acquired a 45% interest and took the operatorship in the 168 sq km Chergui concession. The Entreprise Tunisienne d'Activités Pétrolières (Etap), the state company, holds the remaining 55% interest.